packing for the hospital

What do i take to the hospital other than a night gown and toothbrush & deodorant? I got the diaper bag packed already.

ahsweetness

Asked by ahsweetness at 3:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You won't need much. Chapstick (your lips dry out while blowing through contractions), hair ties, slippers/flip flops, something to wear home, toiletries (shampoo, face wash, etc), phone chargers/camera chargers...
    I doubt you'll need your night gown, unless you prefer that over a hospital gown.
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thank u so much!!! I need all the luck im freaking out!
    ahsweetness

Comment by ahsweetness (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I brought nightgowns so I didn't have to wear the hospital gown. bring a nursing bra, breast pads, and a boppy if you're going to be nursing.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I bring my own undies, because i dont like to wear the hospital undies home, even though they ARE nice to have!

I make sure i have my most comfy jammies, because i hate hospital gowns. Plus something to wear home.

I always take my laptop and something to read when i'm in the hospital, cell phone charger (because you KNOW that thing will be dead with all the calls and texts!), cameras.

I cant think of anything else right now...but google "pregnancy hospital bag list" or something like that. There are TONS of lists online!!!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 3:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• if u have a SO make sure they bring clothes too!! i took like a suit case with me! they thought i was moving in! i just didnt want to forget anything! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Chapstick, hand lotion, maybe some snacks you like (I had dd late at night and there was NOTHING to eat after being in PO all day!), I agree Your own undies (the ones they gave me were like netting stuff, YUCK!), something comfy to wear while you're there & to come home in, some fluffy socks and slippers, you might bring some shampoo & other bath/shower stuff, IF you have a laptop- hospitals usually have free Wi-Fi, and OF COURSE your camera! lol Some hospitals have DVD/ VCR 's in the rooms, too. If you're going to breast feed things needed for that- pillow, nursing bra, pads...
    Good Luck!!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my own undies and pads! Pjs and socks, paper and a pen (to keep track of the thank you notes you want to send when people come to visit) list of people to call when the baby arrives, chapstick, diet coke, lotion, blankets for baby and outfits, camera,

*** remember to bring tucks pads (or at least have them at home along with stool softeners)
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 7:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010