HPV and dysplasia

Has anyone been diagnosed with type 6 hpv (that is the type most commonly causing cervical cancer) and mild dysplasia? If so how did it turn out after you had the baby.
A few months ago I was diagnosed with type 16 hpv and they did a colposcopy where they found mild dysplasia. They said right now there is nothing they can do safely while I am pregnant. So we are waiting until the baby is born then doing another colposcopy and if the dysplasia is not gone then a biopsy will be done. I am pretty scared about the out come and wanted to know if others have had the same problem and how it went for them.

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it for over 10 years, but was always faithful about going to my appointments and doing whatever the doctor said and finally about 8 months ago all my paps and tests were normal and so far the pregnancy is doing good.
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I had a dysplasia after my son was born, like 19 years ago. I don't think there was a test for HPV back then. I douched with some sort of medicine and the next time it was gone.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes. I had dysplasia. I had 2 colposcopies & biopsies done. One was a week or so before I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I was monitored while I was pregnant and there was no change. After I had my baby, I went back and had another PAP done and every thing was normal. I've had two normal PAPs since then so I haven't had to have any more tests done.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my dr. didnt do a colpo because I was too far in my pregnancy. But I finally had it done a few months ago and the dr. only saw minor dysplasia so I have to get another pap done in 6 months. I dont recall being told what type of hpv I have...I know I have ascus cells.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i had that before baby #2, i was scheduled for cryotherapy but had to cancel because i found out i was pregnant. that was over 6 years ago and i have had all normal tests since then, but i do have to go every year for PAP tests.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010