what's the difference between boys and girls uniform pants (kahkis for school)?

I have some size fives that my boy could fit in but they were for my daughter... and for the life of me i cannot see anything that makes it obviously a girl's pants... but i don't want to put him in it if it IS obviously a girl's pants and i'm just not seeing it!

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in

• I hear you!! I don't think there's much of a difference until they get a bit older (when they are cut different to accommodate hips/thighs).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Has he tried them on? Some pants are pretty unisex, but others are cut enough different that they are obviously girls pants. If you really can't tell when he is wearing them, then don't worry and hand them down. At 5 it isn't really a big deal, at 13 though it would be.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would try them on... There may be a very discrete hugging at the hips or belling at the bottom you won't notice until they are on... My guess it they are fairly unisex though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Most uniform pants are unisex until they are around 10 or so and start to get hips etc. As the others said I would put them on the boy and see how they look and decide from there.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• put it on him and see. With us ds is the older one and some of his stuff dd could wear and others ... well it was obvious it was for a boy... but you couldn't quite tell until it was on her. And then I would pass them on.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Sometimes the zipper is opposite on men's and women's clothing.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sometimes the buttons are on the opposite side for males clothing. Try them on and see how the look and fit. I have seen preschoolers in pants that are obviously girls pants.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• The zipper and buttons are opposite. Well the flap over the zipper.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010