Dealing with fantasies adult content

How do you deal with fantasies/fetishes in a relationship? I never really discussed them with my husband when we were dating, but now that we have been married and living together the subject came up. It's never really been something that I've thought/worried about so I have no idea how common they are in a relationship, but he has a messy fetish where he likes to see women get messy while fully clothed.

I have no experience with that but his fantasy is basically for the two of us to go out together for a nice meal/movie, something like that, and come home still all dressed up and have basically a food fight I guess. Then shower it all off together, and you can guess from there.
He hasn't forced ANYTHING on me, or even said that he really wants to do it, he just told me that he would enjoy it. How do I handle something like this? It sounds crazy but I'm not totally opposed to it, the only thing that could happen is our clothes get ruined, which isn't the end of the world. Any advice? Is this something that is common but you just don't hear about, or is it really rare?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• A food fight where??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• That is a very mild fantasy. Fantasies are very common :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• That's about as innocent of a fantasy as you can ask for from a husband! I think it sounds like fun! Try it out. Don't force anything, but make the situations present themselves. So for dinner, make something that is good for a food fight. Have fun with it, and since it's his fantasy, don't show that you're not enjoying it--even if you're not. Just act it out one time for his sake. :-)

That's my 2 cents at least. Good luck!
    jessicajacobson

Answer by jessicajacobson at 3:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Fantasies and fetishes are pretty common. My dh has one and I love it. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'd agree to a food fight only if he was willing to clean it all up afterwards.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Thanks.... so I guess you are right that this is pretty tame so I might as well give it a try. Now what to use for the food fight and what to wear for it, lol. I should probably make it a surprise :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thats pretty tame... if your not opposed to it then go for it.. just keep it natural...my DF has a few fantisies and fetishies.. none of which are tame
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 4:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well it never hurts to try, hey maybe yuo will like it lol! But no fantasies or feteshes here
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 7:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010