I have my first parent teacher conference?

For my twin boys they are in different classes in kindergarten. Can anyone tell me what they are like? Kinda nervous lol my kids are wild so hopefully they are behaving at school. So just curious what they are like thank you

kara3

Asked by kara3 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You'll just go into the classroom and the teacher is going to show you pictures, writing, and other thing that your child as done.... Generally the report card is given to the parents BEFORE the conference, so as long as everything on the report card is good, you have nothing to worry about....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Parent/teacher conferences are usually a quick, 10 minute summary of how your child is doing in the classroom. The teacher will talk to you briefly and may show you examples of the work that your child is doing in class. If there are more serious issues to be discussed (whether your concerns or the teachers), they are usually conducted outside of p/t conferences. P/T conferences are also an opportunity for you to ask questions about your child's performance. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• What's the point of PT conference if it's only 10 mins and only the teacher gets to do the talking? One has to schedule a SEPARATE conference to discuss any concerns?
    Anonymous