Which has a better job outlook?

Radiology or psychology? I am interested in both, but I can't choose between the two. So I figure the one with the better job outlook for the future would be the obvious choice, but everything I look up says they are both good. Any advice out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would think radiology as the health industry is continuing to grow, especially with all the aging baby boomers.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Have you looked at the Department of Labor website?  Search on each for information.  GL!!

http://www.bls.gov/oco/

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Radiology will get you into your field quicker, and at higher earnings than a BS in Psych. To earn any real money in Psych, you need at least a Masters degree. Long term? I think they are equally as good, providing you keep up with your education.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well where I live radiologist isn't a good career choice because nurses can do the same thing. My brother went into radiology through the Army because his wife (now ex) did a report on how radiology was such a good career. She failed to notice that in Michigan a certification is not needed to do the job. So now my brother cannot find a job and is thinking of moving out of state to find a job.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 4:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Also I think you have more growing potential with Psychology.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 4:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Radiology may be better depending on how long you want to go to school to get into the field. Radiologists can go into their field with less than A B.S., a successful psychologist needs a doctorates and then needs to be able to be licensed as a therapist. So Radiologist maybe 2-4years of schooling, Psychologist can easily double that.

But if you have the resources and help I'd go for psychology, they make more money once they become therapists
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My opinion is that they are both good choices. Look more at what yoyu would like your end point career to be, because I think psychology may require a PhD in order to get anything good (not sure about that), whereas you can get good jobs and nice benefits and pay with a BS (or certificate) in radiology. i think both majors are employable, though. Good luck to you!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Radiology. Any allied health occupation has more opportunity to netting you a job than a degree in psychology--as you will need at minimum a master's degree plus experience before being able ot even apply for a school or clinical setting.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well, if you've done your research and both are stable fields, I'd go with the one you have the most interest in and can see yourself doing for years to come.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Radiology.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010