I don't want to do laundry :( I am tired of doing six loads a week for a three person family. GRRR!!! Can you re-motivate me?

I have so much laundry cuz he wears a uniform to work, we have our workout clothes, we also swim. I am in the end stages of potty training so there are tons of accidents. My SS sweats so much that I need to wash his sheets usually more than once a week.

I am just so tired of doing all of the laundry. My SO does the dishes and I do the laundry... I don't want to switch. It is just as bad either way.

Motivate me!!!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I get tired of doing laungry too. Actually, the laundry part is fine, I get tired of folding. Every once in a while I switch fabric softerner scents and call in aroma-therapy, lol :)
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No words of wisdom here. I hate doing laundry. But its not so much puting them in the washer and dryer its folding and putting the damn things up. For some reason i cna't stand that. I just tell myself that i need to get them out and fold them while there hot that way they don't wrinkle and i have to iron them. Sometimes that works
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I like doing laundry, but it's so much. So what I do, is I do laundry once a week and I don't get to fold them all the time. I guess if you don't do it often it might be out of your mind for a week, but then at the end of the week you a have 6 loads to wash and load. Washing is fine with me, it's folding that I don't have patience for. If you do laundry twice a week to me it feels too often, but probably it would be easier to fold:)
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 8:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Laundry is one of those things that will never, ever go away!!
    Fold while watching TV, the kids help too!! They pull out their own!!
    I have a basket for whites, colored and other!! It's easier than sorting and I try to leave a load washing and a load drying when I leave for work.
    I guess we could try to remember our great-grandparents under the shelter outside in the cold, hauling water!!!! Thank God I'm a Modern Child!!!!
    vstarwoman

Answer by vstarwoman at 9:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh boy! When I was 4 years old my mom and dad had me doing dishes, bringing my laundry to the washer and folding socks and towels. I don't recommend starting them that early, but if you make it a game, kids love helping! Kids always want to please, just be sure to make a big deal of it if they do something without being asked. =) Hang in there mama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008