How would you moms like a place to go to that was similar to cafe mom but in person?

I'm a child care provider and I find that my parents ask my advice just like we do on here and I was just thinking maybe there are other moms out here that could use the same type of help. This is my way to see if this is something we would enjoy.

The group would meet twice a month for about 2 hours to vent, receive/give advice, and try to solve some of the problems we face as moms. I'm really interested in what you guys think but please be nice even if you think it's a waste of time.

MDMom337

Asked by MDMom337 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I personally see it as a good idea. There are not any places like that where I live and would love to see something like that happen. All the professionals give good advice but its so much better when you get it from someone who has been there and done that not just read a text book.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We have something like this for women (not only mothers) called Girlfriendz and once a month or so the area churches get together to put on skits, dinner, demonstrations, games.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Those are the kind of things that I was planning to do with my groups and also have professionals to come in from time to time to speak with the group. Do you think it should be opened up to females and not just mothers txdaniella?

I also agree with you angelmine2011. It's nothing like getting advice from someone who is walking in your shoes.
    MDMom337

Comment by MDMom337 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think it should be open to all. That way women who are wanting or are planning to get pregnant can go in and find out what things are like and they can get advice early on.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree with you angelmine2011. I didn't think about the women planning to get pregnant. This is why I posted this questions to see what I'm missing and to get you guys opinion. Thank you so much for opinion, it is helping me a lot.
    MDMom337

Comment by MDMom337 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i think that would be nice... getting to chit chat with other moms in person and getting advice or giving.. but more just getting to hang out.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Its a great idea if you could get it up and going. I would go to something like that often if for nothing else but the adult conversation.
    kissesbymom

Answer by kissesbymom at 9:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Its a great idea! I know some moms have no mommy friends close by, and having mommy is friends is sooo nice. They get it, all of it. And it is always nice to get out and maybe learn something fun you can do with your baby!
    I would definitely go to one of those!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i would definately i dont get any adult interaction
    Babybear89

Answer by Babybear89 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• anything that can help women whether moms ot mommy 2 be would be great.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2010