Menopause what age did you start going through it??

I am 3o I think i am starting to go through it.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 4:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• Starting now at 46. I am in misery right now. What are your symptoms? Sometimes Thyroid issues mimic the early onset of menopause, so make sure you get that checked. The hot flashes just came upon me like a flash of lightening (ha ha). At that point, I started having trouble sleeping, night sweats and my period just stopped. I guess I've always done everything like that though. I swear the day I turned 40, literally, is when my eye sight went down hill!

I am in the process of finding a HRT that works for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My mom did at 36...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 4:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• 53
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think I am starting now hot flashes mood swings and no period for 3 months I just took a third pregnancy test and it is negative
    I am 45 my skin is like a dry peice of leather and other " areas " are bone dry too :(
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• All females in my family mom's side have gone through menopause at 31 or 32. I have hot flashes, I have gained weight and my period has gone from 7 days to only 2 now.
    baby1love

Comment by baby1love (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Could be then baby1love! The only part I am enjoying is lack of a period! The hot flashes and night sweats knocked me on my butt! I had to take something or I seriously was going to hurt someone! lol! I was on the Estra Derm patch first, but I couldn't get it to stick to my skin. Then I was on Activella. Which was good, but I gained 5 lbs in one month. Then the next month, I switched to the generic brand of Activella and have been sick every since. I am calling tomorrow to try to get on the Vivelle Dot.

If you need anything or information, I can help out as much as I can.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• 48, or so. If you eat well, and get exercise, it is not a big deal!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well I am 49 and I started I think at 40 ish. The truth is when the hot flashs were coming I had no clue of what the H-ll was going on??? My mom never told me about metopause...never??? I wonder why. I think you are safe at 30 though.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010