At what age (for your baby) do you think it starts to get a little bit easier?

I have a very cranky high maintenance 4 1/2 month old. I was looking forward to the 3 months mark because of colic but I still haven't gotten much freedom back, now i'm looking forward to the 6 month mark.. My older son took a long time! I hate wishing away time but still a bit Post Partum and it is so hard. What has your experience been? Feel free to include some encouragement along with it :-)

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im thinking it gets easy at 18 years old! lol! my dd is 9 months old and its nice to not have to hold her all the time and such. she loves to play and crawls around! she is into everything but it fun to watch her learn to do things! she has been pretty great since about 7 months old. if only she would sleep all night! lol! u are doing great just hang in there!! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It will certainly get better, but I think when really depends on the baby. My kids weren't colicky - but the every day maintnance in general got much easier at around 1 1/2 - 2. Around the time that the word "No-No" actually worked... some of the time. Haha. : )
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 4:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• So if you have already been through this stager. (This is your second child). You know how long it will take. When your kids start school you will get a break.

Answer by louise2 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I should add that I mean easier in the sense of just not being stuck in a rocking chair with a fussy baby for example,, or having to rush through a shower, or not having a spare second to shower for that matter. The maintenance of a rambunctious toddler doesn't bother me in the least, I actually like it. It's more the newborn cranky stage that I have a really hard time with..
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• louise2 you forget very quickly.. I want to hear everyone elses experience to lean on fellow cafe moms because this is what the site is for... I don't consider my 4 year old as difficult at all.. Sometimes even though you know the answers its nice to hear it from others...
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have had a really hard time with every moment since they could walk and it is only getting worse as the years go by. I can deal with a crying baby. I have a hard time with the hitting and screaming.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• About the age of 1 things change and they grow into other phases, just remember they have phases and they outgrow each one of them.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Girl, I don't think they ever grow the demanding issue. As they grow their needs change and they demand other things. If you feel overwhelm get a break, ask someone you trust to give you 2 hours and get out and have a cup of coffee or just a long shower. (I would get out of the house) I totally understand your point of you, and I am learning to that they are going to be okay if you just step out to have some ME TIME. After you have a break away from them you are going to come back happier and ready to take more demands. Good luck!!!
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Thanks for all your answers guys. I get that parenthood will never be easy. But honestly my older son is not stressfull to me.. The baby stage is what drives me bannanas... once i'm past that i'm good.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• The bigger the child, the bigger the problems

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2010