40+TTC PLZ RESPOND!!!!

WELL it seems to me from the little time ive been on here everybodys in the mid 20s n 30s so im lookin 4 sum women that r more in range of 40s 4 sum answers or similarities 2 whats goin on AF came on the 2nd of this month n now she showed back up today ive been testing all last week n even yesterday if i was ovulating n neva got a positive respond MAN!!! i cant wait to get to a dr to find out whats goin on with my body this sucks

texasbustbw

Asked by texasbustbw at 4:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, I can answer with a constructive response. If you are continually bleeding, the lining of your uterus may be thickened and the bleeding is a way that your body is trying to expell the extra cells. If your periods were normal prior to this, then that is most likely what it is. Your Dr. will probably recommend a D&C. It will also most likely increase your fertility. After you see your OBGYN, I would go to a Reproductive Specialist. If you don't get pregnant on your own ASAP you could do Invtro with PGD. PGD is Pre-Genetic Diagnosis & with this additional procedure you can rule out any genetic abnormalities. Good Luck! I had my Son when I was 39!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Ok first to answer ur question yes i have looked at all the risk n odds of me TTC at my age but ive also researched n have read hundreds of cases of women conceiving in their 40s so until i do get that confirmation that my child bearing days r ova ill keep prayin and hopin that i will conceive now thank you paulie for ur constructive respond i will b doin just that this week and go from there
    texasbustbw

Comment by texasbustbw (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• And ive taken that into consideration 2 but i asked if there were women in my situation or have had as similiar experience i thought this site was for women TTC n again "UR OPINION" of disservice to a child is highly noted but there r women out here in their 20s and 30s doin disservice to their children yes i know i was a hotmess and sum durin my 20s n 30s doin it all by myself with the love and care of sum very good sisters but i have a love one this time with me so who knows what the future holds u dont so u cant decide whether a woman should conceive a child in her 40s or 20s just because u cant c ur self doin it at 40 doesnt mean sumbody that wants to shouldnt have the right to experience it if it happens there r alot of older mature women takin care of the children in this world that have had to start late or it just wasnt given to them till there 40s so like i said b4 ill wait till i go c my dr to determine this
    texasbustbw

Comment by texasbustbw (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• sounds like you've reached the end of your child bearing years. Do you understand the risks of trying to have a child this late in your life?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree with obbie
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I was not just speaking of genetic abnormalities... and you have to factor in your activity level. in another 10 years will you be riding bikes, swimming, running, skating, skiing, hiking, etc. with ease? If not, you're doing your child a disservice. I know how hard it is to carry a pregnancy to term, labor, birth, and care for an infant. I can't imagine doing that at 40. I barely had the energy to do it in my early 20's!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010