My SO is a Personal Trainer...what would you pay?

He is ready to start to expand, lately he has been doing free consultations until he felt comfortable. Now he is very comfortable and ready to start charging a fee.

I was thinking $60 for an hour.

I'm not sure if that is good enough?

Also, I was thinking of being a partner and putting some money down so he can get a small studio for clients to come to him. That way we can equip it with a few things like a treadmill, an elliptical, an area to do other exercises that can be done indoors.
Not sure if people would like that though

Opinions?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 5:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have degrees in Sports MEdicine and Exercise Science and was an ACSM certified Personal Trainer (among a unber of other specialty certifications), and when I was working in health clubs (1990-2001), the club charged $75/hour, of which I kept $45, and when I did home personal training (on the side at people's homes primarily using THEIR equipment) I charged $75/hour for week to week appointments, but gave discounts if someone booked 10 or more sessions with me--usually about $50-$60/hour.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• 0 Personal trainers are a waste of money. lol
    Anonymous

• Haha, maybe so for you ANON, but a lot of women and men like a personal trainer to push them that extra mile.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• $60.00 and hour is not unreasonable. Does he help with nutrition as well? I would certainly pay that if he could help me with a nutrition plan as well! Great idea!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes, he has an AS in Nutrition and Dietetics and is working on his BS
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I must be very cheap, because I wouldn't pay more than $10.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010