I want to lose weight

I would like to lose weight. I would like some ideas on how to lose weight fast. I curently walk about 5 days a week for about 45 min. I drink lots of water and eat healthy but cant seem to lose weight. I am desperate to lose weight. Can u give me some advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• cut our sugar and soda and that right there will help you start to lose weight fast along with eating healthy.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• what do you consider eating healthy? It's not good to lose weight fast for several reasons...one is that you don't get a full understanding of what maintenance is all about and end up relapsing and gaining it all back...you need to change your lifestyle altogether for good in order to keep it off....another reason is that if you have significant amount to lose you have a higher risk of ending up with a whole lot of extra skin...losing it slowly, about 1-2 pounds per week is best option ! You should add in resistance training....it might appear as if you are gaining weight at first by the scale once you start building muscle, but what is actually happening is that you are burning calories for a 24 hour period after a resistance training workout....but with cardio, you only burn during the time that you are exercising......walking 5 days a week for 45 mins is good....try to increase your pace or add intervals...for example
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• run 30 steps, walk 60 steps, run 30 steps, walk 60 steps and so on....intervals have a better effect than steady state exercise....AND intervals can encourage you to be able to do more because you have a recovery period....How much weight are you hoping to lose ? Just to qualify, I'm in my second year of college for personal training and I've had personal experience losing over 100 pounds and keeping it off....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Take the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge. My husband has lost 10lbs 2 weeks in and one of my girlfriends lost 20lbs during her challenge. It really is a nutrition lift though so you will feel AMAZING.

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 9:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Try adding Juice Plus to your daily diet. I lost 19 lbs.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 11:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• P90X is awesome!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Totally Body By Vi Challenge. (http://www.BodyByDesignChallenge.com)

Crisbella

Answer by Crisbella at 11:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'm pretty sure your body is used to just walking! lol make sure your using more calories than your taking in and mix up your work outs a bit! Do some aerobics and strength training. If you have cable, see if you get the FIT TV channel....I like how they have different workouts and it's something you can do on your own in your home!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You need to either increase the duration that you walk or change the intensity (add intervals)....or change things up completely and do something else all together. Run for 20 minutes and resistance train for 20 minutes.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Portion Control, Drink water, Cut out sugars and sodas.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011