Hair cut prices.

I just got a new hair cut today. It cost after the tip $36. Is that normal? I didn't get a wash because I washed my hair before I went there and it was still damp. The lady did a great job with the cut (even though it's something that I'll have to keep trimmed if I want to keep it like this) and she did do some styling but not much. I only get my hair cut about once or twice a year. I never know what I want and normally just tell the lady that's cutting my hair to have fun but I just need the cut to be easy to take care of without spending a lot of time fusing with it.
It was $36 for me but how much is it for a child? I will not be getting my daughter's hair cut for awhile but just curious. I cut my hubby's so we don't have to worry about him.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 5:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Around here $36 is pretty inexpensive and almost unheard of unless you go to the cheap places where they do a bad job or to the beauty schools. I don't know how much it is for kids or men her since I cut theirs myself. But I admit that the cheap places would probably do a slightly better job than I do sometimes.
    Anonymous

• I think $25-40 is about normal for women.

$20 for kids.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 5:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• it really depends on where you go to get your hair cut... when i took my son to get his first hair cut it cost me $15 and that was out of control to me... that's what i would pay to get my hair trimmed... but i go with who has deal and good with kids... $8 may sound cheap but for a child i think that is a reasonable price to pay.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think that is horrible. I go to a lady and she does a good job for only $10. I take my son and husband to another lady and she charges $5 for my son and $8 for my husband or an adult.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It depends on where you go and what the salon/stylist charges. In some of the bigger cities they do charge more (my sis was paying $48 for a cut at a salon). The salon I go to charges $20 for a cut , my cousin works for a walk-in chain salon and they charge $13 for adult cuts.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010