what would you do?

We just got out of church when our bishop pulled us into his office and said that the nursery leader told him she suspects abuse on our daughter because her behavior has changed. She said she seems more afraid of people because she doesn't like being held. Uh hello a. She's in daycare so don't go rushing that we're doing it b. If you notice a change in her attitude tell us not the entire ward. And c. What two year old likes to be held instead of running around playing? Would you confront this lady? Because she is a gossiper and yeah I need advice on how to handle this like an adult because right now I just want to cry that someone could even think that I was doing that to my child. Please help ladies!

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 5:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would go talk to her and thank the Bishop for letting you know. Get the details from her before you get to upset. Decide what to do from there.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 5:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I do not think there is much you can do, if people want to spread rumors based on their belief then they will. You could try talking to that person and say that is not true. But you can't give them proof that you are not, so it might not help. Just be the best parent you can be to your children, because that is all that really matters and screw everyone else.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 5:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yes i think you should confront this lady she really doesn't have any right... and with children that are 2 or even at any young age there attitude changes all the time... it's what ever mood they are in and if they are willing to be nice and want to play with others or just play by themselves... that lady just needs to mind her own.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• She seems genuinely concerned, and honestly I would rather know if someone sees signs of abuse in my child. It doesn't have to be from you. If her attitude has suddenly flipped she might have been molested by a family friend or even a school teacher. Don't brush it off if someone is truly worried.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 5:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• WOW! Your nursery leader accused you of this and reported it to your Bishop! Really!!! I'd go after her for false accusations and slander, I can't believe your Bishop called you in on this! If you've done NOTHING wrong, then I'd nail her ass to the wall!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'd ignore it

Answer by admckenzie at 5:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yes I would confront her , using the word ABUSE is pretty damn serious, I wouldn't appreciate that at all. I would do it pretty soon too, don't wait till next church meeting I'd have her on the phone or at her house. Hopefully she won't call authorities. When you confront her don't be hostle, that will only make her feel she was right! Good luck and use your head!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would go and talk to her about it.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2010