IUD?? adult content

Taking the pill is not a good option for me because I turn into an evil monster from the hormones, I gain too much weight & I have a hard time remembering to take it every day.
I'm seriously considering getting an IUD but I'm not sure what kind I should get.
If you have or had an IUD what kind & what are/were the pros & cons?

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 5:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• I have the ParaGuard IUD...it is the copper one with no horomones....I haven't had any problems with it and my periods are only slightly heavier than before
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 7:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• IDUs contain hormones just like your pill. So they may not get rid of the issues you want to get rid of. Copper IUDs are dangerous and can cause copper poisoning. I would say talk to your doctor, find out what brand options they work with and what is available for you, then research those specific types and brands before making a choice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have the Mirena. It does have a low dose of hormones. I've had it for almost 4 years now, with very little problems.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I also felt like I should add: I decided on the mirena because my doctor told me that the hormone does was low enough, and safe while breast feeding. But every woman is different. I've read stories about women who had lots of troubles with mirena while breast feeding, or mirena in general.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I also have the cooper one and love it! It is good for 10 years and there are no hormons. My OB gave me this one bc she did think the mirana was safe while breast feeding
    JLWmassage

Answer by JLWmassage at 9:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have spoken to him, he's recommending Morena but I'm concerned about the hormones in that one.
    My bf and I have been playing a very dangerous game the past few months of using the calendar method (I'm not 100% regular) combined with withdrawal. I don't want to do anything permanent but need something long term yet reversible (not planning more kids but one thing I've learned about life is that it's filled with the unplanned & unexpected).
    FeelinYummy

Comment by FeelinYummy (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010