crawling?

when do babies typically start to crawl?

pookersmommy88

Asked by pookersmommy88 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Between 6-8 months
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• 6-9 months is what I have read, but some never crawl.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• really why dont they ever crawl they just skip to walking? ive heard that crawling helps their motor skills is that bad if they dont crawl will that be bad? my daughter tries to scoot is that a step in the right way? she hasnt gotten the hang of holding her chest up only her head how can i help her with holding her body up to start the crawling
    pookersmommy88

Comment by pookersmommy88 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• She will do it all in her own time. Don't try to rush her. But I did get down on the floor with my daughter when she was about 5 months and I crawled around her and when she finally was able to get on her hands and knees I kept her favorite toys on the floor. She would try to get to them but I helped her some but mostly she managed to scoot to them then not long after she finally crawled. And no its not bad if a child skips crawling.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It is not bad if they never crawl and go to pulling themselves up to tables and then walking. Each baby is different and develops on their own. Ask your pediatrician and/or Google child development and you'll see tons of info. The baby I take care of never crawled the usual way but scooted along the floor on his butt. Too cute! He is walking now. You really do not need to do anything to help her start to crawl. Just let her figure things out on her own. Relax and enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Crawling is not a developmental milestone, and many babies never crawl.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thank you i know all babies arent the same but im just trying to get an idea of it
    pookersmommy88

Comment by pookersmommy88 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2010