Do you think your brothers (if you have them) should be friends w/your husband S/O?

I don't but I have heard others say it was strange that my husband and brothers (I have one that is the same age as my husband) don't do anything together when we are in town. We have been married 13 years, together for 15. But he married me, not my brothers, they don't have to be "friends" or even consider him their "brother" I just expect them to be nice when we are all together, and they are.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• No, they should be amiable but there is no reason for them to be best buddies.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 5:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I don't particularly like my brother, so I would say no. He gives me the creeps and I would rather he not be around.
    Anonymous

• No I don't think they need to be friends
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• idc
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 5:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• They don't hang out together just for the heck of it, but my brother lives 3 hours away. They like eachother just fine.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 5:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Nope... We both have siblings, and there is no need for me to be friends with his or for him to be friends with mine... It's nice when it works that way, but it's not something we see as a big deal. His sister and I avoid each other at all costs, and his brother lives in the basement and we still don't say 2 words to each other in a month...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I don't think it's a necessity but I do believe in the saying that they not only marry you but they marry your family as well. It makes things sooo much easier.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i don't think they need to be friends but they should be able to get along.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 5:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My SO was friends with 2 of my brothers before we ever got together. They come over on occassions and have a few beers.
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 7:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010