Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allergy to wedding ring?

Have you ever developed an allergic reaction to a ring? Over the last six months I have had a rash on my wedding ring finger. Sometimes it gets so bad it bleeds and itches. If I stop wearing my rings it takes about two weeks to go away...but then comes back. The rings are 18k white gold and I have had them for over 4 years and I am just now having problems.
Anyone else have a similar experience with jewelry?

 
tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 5:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

Level 20 (9,827 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I have issues with moisture getting trapped under my ring. Drying out my finger and it turns into little sores. I have to make sure that I either take off ring to wash my hands or make sure under them gets dried well.
    Melbornj

    Answer by Melbornj at 5:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • Yep. I have metal allergies too. I wear my ring on a black cord around my neck.
    2autisticsmom

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • This used to happen to me when I ate anything "acidic" (red sauce for example)....could that be contributing?
    mainemusicmaker

    Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • Yes I have had 3 wedding rings because we thought possibly it was the metal I was allergic to but now I either do not wear it or I wear it on a chain or only special occasions.
    Momforhealth

    Answer by Momforhealth at 9:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2010