How often do you talk to your siblings?

I have family questions on the brain, I just spent the weekend at a baby shower for my brother's wife (they have been married a year and a half). I just had me thinking about family dynamics and such.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• just about everyday all five of us is close
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We talk on the phone every 2-3 weeks or so. We are not as close since my mother died.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Every day with my sister normally and almost never with my brother. There is a big age gap (he is my half brother) and we just never where that close. I talk on Facebook once in a while but almost never call him.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 5:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I talk to my brother at least once a week. Even tho it may just be threw txting lol. He just got back from Kandahar not too long ago so it's really made us evaluate the relationship we had before and things have been so much better since.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Depends on which one... I have a sister that I grew up with, I talk to her once a month or so. And I have a brother that I talk to online from time to time but haven't spoke to on the phone or in person in 5 or 6 years... The rest of them I haven't seen in years and years... And there are even a few I've never met... My sister and I both know the other is there any time we need them, we may not be the "talk every day" types, but any time we need each other, we are always just a phone call away... Beyond that, I really don't know any of them enough to be close...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I haven't talked to my brother in many years. Families are oftentimes dysfunctional, and mine is one of them.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I try and call her at least once a week. We have an interesting love/hate kind of relationship. We're best friends and worst enemies at the same time.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• every day.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• As little as humanly possible. Since she gave birth to my first nephew though we talk more since she's the only way for me to get to him. I don't want to miss out on a relationship with the baby simply because I dislike my sister.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• once a month for all (2 brothers and 3 of my 4 sisters) my 1 sisterI speak to daily...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010