IF YOU DID have your son circumsized.....

did you watch or were u given the option to watch?

*not meant to be debatey per se, just curious. My 6y/o son is intact but barely. He was stripped naked and velcro'd to a board and I snatched him away at *literally* the last possible second. I've been told it's unusual I was there and allowed to watch. It wasn't in the days following his birth, he was like 16 weeks old give or take, it was outpatient at the local Children's Hospital. We needed some time to think it over but then I ended up staying in the hospital in renal failure post c-section so it was pushed to the back burner.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• no, we weren't allowed..actually, i don't think we even asked to watch. we just sat in my room and clung to each other..you know how new parents are!!! it was two days after birth.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My son's was done at his two week check up and he was taken into another room.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Both my son's were done before we left the hospital from the birth. We weren't told we could watch, they just did it early one of the mornings and that was that.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We were not given the option to watch. I would have declined the invite. I would not of wanted to see that.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Both of my boys are done, and yes, I was in the room with both of them. I never let them take my kids out of my room without me being there. We had some very specific needs for medical care and I didn't want them going against our wishes, so I simply didn't give them the option.

For us it was done right in the hospital after birth, 2 days old. They simply unfixed their onsie & diaper, washed their area with warm water and did what needed done... Neither of my boys even made a peep, in fact one of them never even woke up. But, yes, I was there and present and watched everything that was going on... Wouldn't have it any other way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My sons was done later in the day after he was born. I opted out of watching, although it was a question asked we both declined.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Nope, wasn't given the option. His was done before we left the hospital after he was born
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No and no. The doctor came in and asked us if we wanted him circumcised, we said yes and it was done before we left the hospital.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• we werent give in the option to watch either. They did it the same day he was born.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i do not remember if we were given the option or not...but i had absolutely no desire to see it done! it was all explained, so we knew what was going on, but i never at any time have wanted to see it done.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 6:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010