When did your child start walking? Mine's almost 15 months and still nothing!

She stands by herself and has taken a few steps, but nothing too serious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest did exactly what your child is doing - stand, maybe take a few steps. He was about 17 months when he decided to really walk. He went from toddling to running in about a week. All kids, including siblings, are different and have their own schedules. My oldest walked around 12-13 months. My middle child (who is 20 months younger than the first and 5 yrs older than the youngest) was running by 10.5 months, most likely to keep up with her older brother.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My first started walking at almost 14 months. I can't remember when the other two did but it was around a year old.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• If your peds doesn't see an issue, don't worry. Some kids are just late walkers. My kids were both about 7 months, but neither of them crawled, they just went straight to walking. Does your daughter crawl? Was she smaller than the average baby? Those things would all go in to whether or not I would say worry, but before you worry, you need to call the doctor and see what she says.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• dd started at exactly 1 week before her 1st bday
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my first- 12 months and one day old
    my second-13 and a half months
    my third-7 months old! they are all different and if yor concerned about it you should talk to his pediatrician. but if he is crawling and pulling himself up hes probably fine.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Do you have a walker she could get in and strengthen her legs and get the hang of it?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my 1st son walked at 16 months the other at 11 so it all just depends
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 6:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My youngest was almost 18 months, and there was nothing wrong with him. He just didn't want to. The more we pushed and tried, the harder he resisted. Once we stopped trying to make him, and left him alone, he just up and walked - and 2 weeks later he was running everywhere. If your doctor isn't concerned, just leave the child alone and he/she will start when he/she is good and ready.
    Anonymous

• my oldest started walking at like 10 months but all kids are different. i wouldn't worry about it too much.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• well, mine started at 10 mos.. for two days. then nothing but cruising for 2 weeks and then she was full on walking around 11 ish mos. My friends son didn't walk til 16 mos. he's 3 now and you could never tell. Runs and jumps and gallops like any other kid. All kids develope differently. If she doesn't start at least at 20 mos, then that would be a good time to talk to your pedi.
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 6:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010