Lastest Ovulation Possible

I have a Cycle of 28 or 29 days (pretty consistent). It is CD18 today and I don't think I have ovulated yet. I realize I might have skipped ovulation this month, but what is the latest day you can ovulate for a 28/29 day cycle?

isabellem

Asked by isabellem at 6:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• With a normal luteal phase the latest would be 11 days before the day you expect your period to start. If you have a luteal phase defect it could be any time up until you start your period. A luteal phase defect is when your luteal phase (time between ovuation and day 1 of next cycle) is shorter than 11 days. This is caused by a low progestrone level. It's pretty much impossible to substain a pregnancy with a luteal phase defect.

That being said you could be having a long follicular phase (the time between day 1 of your cycle and the day you ovulate) this month which somtimes happens. Usually it's realted to a recent illness, recently coming off of birth control, an illness, stress, and many other things but it can happen to pretty much anyone. Often women notice changes in their cycle during TTC and many believe it's because of the stress of TTC.

Just keep charting and see how things go.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Typically it is half way thru your cycle day 14/15 for yours. There really is no possible way to answer this question due to your uniqueness. What holds true for one will not necessarily hold true for another. At any rate the egg is only ideal for fertilization for about three days past ovulation. I usually recommend having intercourse every other day from days 12-24 to be sure.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would be prepared for a late period this month since you're follicular phase seems to be long. The luteal phase typically doesn't change unless you are taking something to make it change but the follicular phase can.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Thank you for the help ladies!
    And thanks for the warning of a possible late AF- won't get hopes up TOO quick ;).
    So if I am understanding correctly, CD18 should be the latest day I can ovulate for my cycle.
    And I will definitely keep charting! :)
    isabellem

Comment by isabellem (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i agree
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010