my daughter is almost 3 yrs old and she beats her 5 yr old brother up. How do u get them to be nice to each other?

luv2teach13

Asked by luv2teach13 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When they act up, make them stand in the corner with their noses touching the wall. Once they are quiet (because you know they're going to cry and throw a fit) they wait one minute per number of years they are old. 3 yr old waits 3 minutes as long as quiet. Doesn't take long for them to learn.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thank u so much
    i will try it
    luv2teach13

Comment by luv2teach13 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My friend has a kindness chart in her home. The kids get stickers or points for doing the kind acts on the chart. Then every week or so they get to go out for ice cream, or to lunch, or the park, etc for completing the things on the chart. It has helped a lot. Just an idea.......
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It is hard to make kids get along. You do have to have consequences for hurting people though. Make a clear rule that they have to keep their hands to themselves (unless they are being kind of course) and have clear consequences for fighting.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• For getting siblings to not fight, I don't think that will ever happen based on my brothers and I. As for the beating up you have to have some sort of punishment for them physically hitting each other.

fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 4:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• time out always works for me.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 1:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I grew up in a house of five and my Mom would make us sit in a chair and hold hands with each other until we said we were sorry and once he even made my and my brother do it for an entire day!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'd just seperate them when they fight. Kids aren't always going to get along.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010