daughter sick 16 month

my daughter had a upper respitatory infectiong and two ear infections. they put her on meds. but today she will not eat much or hrdley drink sleeping alot and wont get out of arms. but has no signs of being sick? any ideas???

elizabethrai

Asked by elizabethrai at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awe, poor thing! :( Sounds to me like she's tired from being sick and sleep helps restore her energy. If there is no sign of fever I wouldn't worry. She wants to be with you because you make her feel secure. They make popscicles with pedialyte in them, maybe that would help until she gets her appetite back. Good luck :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• How long ago was she diagnosed and started meds? If she is still on her antibiotics, she may just be tired out from fighting off the infections, and is unable to tell you. If there is no fever and no real crying, I'd just humor her for a day or so and she should feel back to herself in a couple of more days.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• she been having a little fever she had this for a week but its been gone a few days...but no other signs but fever
    elizabethrai

Comment by elizabethrai (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• the fever is a sign her body is fighting the infection and you should not give her any thing for it an less it goes over 101.
    Sleeping is also good helps the body heal. Just push drinks down her when awake don't worry much about eating she will eat when she gets hungry enough.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2010