how do you feel about your husband playing video games all day?

i dont nag about it but inside it bothers me a little. today is his only day off which is why i just let him be. he did spend time with the family but 'in between" his call of duty.

for example, we woke up this morning and he turned on the tv in our bedroom. played up til 11 when my mom brought our older 2 kids home, said hi real quick and jumped back on it while my parents were still here. took little breaks to eat and such. then around 2 he went to his mom's and came back around 3. our baby was eating and when she was finished we planned to go to the beach park. so he decided to play his game while she ate. mind you we have 2 other kids as well. we were at the park for an hour and a half, came home & ate dinner, now about 45 minutes after eating he's back on the game. he'll probably get off while i put the kids to bed and go right back on it. it's f**king annoying!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• i would definetly say something so at least he knows. hopefully while playing his game he will take into mind that just because he's around the house does not mean that he's actually participating into his family. make some rules and limit game time so he has to have family time as well, if he still antsy about getting to his game, tell him he's addicted and needs help if it comes to it.

playing games and getting to one world to another is a waste of time. tell him to do something that actually leaves his mark on something like his child's self esteem and so on, the children and you shouldnt feel abondoned.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I was with my ex for six years and I probly wasted half of that watching him play video games. I eventually looked at him like a child because of his tantrums when he'd lose. Looking at your partner like a child sure kills the mood so that is my main reason I do not allow video games in our house. My husband isn't much of a gamer anyway. I've allowed a wii and I'm ok with it because it involves movement and not just a sit on your butt activity. Personally I get annoyed with how addicted people get to video games.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 6:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yeah it's annoying!!! Mine watches the tube all day! we don't have sex because of the damn tube! I swear I am so close to throwing the damn thing out!
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 6:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yes that's how i feel! he's addicted. and now he has my oldest in there watching him, so they sit on the bed together and stare at the tv and i haaate that. she gets bored quick though and doesnt stay long but still i want to be like get OFF your ASS and tend to your children! i dont sit on cafemom all day and expect him to watch them to feed my addiction. ugh!!!!!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yep mine has been like that from day 1 with his computer and computer games. When we were dating it used to really bother me as I'd go to his house and he'd be on computer and I'd be left sitting doing nothing.... so I talked to him about it and told him how it bothered me and we came up with a compromise- he could be on the computer for a set amount of time and I started leaving books and my knitting at his house so I would have something to do while he was on the computer. Then when his time was up, we would have 'us' time and do something. Now 21 years later he is still very much into the computer and spends a lot of his time on it, but he is good about giving 'family time' as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Doesn't bother me at all. He usually sits the kids on his lap and plays his games and I get a break.... Nope, can't imagine being bothered by that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I am OK with video games.... Normally the older three will want to play and they will take turns playing with him, while the others watch. it keeps the kids out of my hair. But even when they are not playing it doesn't bother me. He works very hard for our family, 11 - 12 hours a day, so on his days off I let him do what he wants. I don't get bothered, but if he wasn't playing and trying to help me around the house I would get annoyed. I have a routine on how I do things so I don't like others to do it. But that is just me I guess. If it bothers you talk to him about it.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 6:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• better games all day than porn all night
    i always say
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• When it is all day, yes, it pisses me off, and when it happens we end up fighting about it for a few days. Just the last couple weeks, my boys started in on the video game obsession and they are only 4! While I was out shopping my DH told me they had played for 6 hours!
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my husband says he is the only one in america w/o a game system. He likes the computer, but only plays facebook games. I told him he could if he wanted to, but maybe I will rethink that.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2010