FILED MICE IN SIDE MY HOUSE UGH WHAT DO I DO

we live by a field and every year since we have lived here around this time of the year we get filed mice inside our home what do i do and is it our fault

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Get a cat and put traps down.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• mice follow the sent of where other mice have been. I use amonia to scrub behind the fridge and stove and other places those little rodents travel often. I also try to seal up any cracks and nooks and crannies to cut down on how many can get in. It helps but I also have two (lazy) cats. My chihuahua catches more mice per year than those two lazy cats. My mouse traps work wonders though :)
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 6:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Traps and Decon. We used to have them every year too. It is not your fault. They are looking for shelter and warmth.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• will they bother me or the children im a scaredy cat sorry
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have a farm, and honestly you have to keep everything cut nicely through the year. Then all your cracks and crevices outside as well as inside need sealed (word of advice don't do this now, you'll block mice in your house, and carcus's will form!) . You have to keep all your food cleaned up, and I know this can be hard, but it has to be done too. I've never once had a field mouse in my house, but I will say that in my old house I did, and it was was awful! I know where your at! Another word of advice don't use the glue traps, just use the old fashioned ones, you can get them at the dollar stores for very cheap! Calling an exterminator can help, but they are going to do the same things, but the real job lays w/ you. Good luck!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 6:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Try and find where they are getting in and seal up the place. If you don't have small, crawling children use some Decon.
    klaassenbd

Answer by klaassenbd at 6:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Don't use decon! If a dog is around it will kill your dog too! The mouse itself can't hurt you, but it can carry diseases, as well as it's urine, and fecies is deadly to humans!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 6:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• ok thank you my children can walk and i dont have a dog you guys are being very helpful i dnt have amonia but i do have bleach and vinigur will that help
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Get sticky Traps or get a Cat GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• If you figure out WHERE they are getting in - stuff it with steel wool - they hate to chew steel wool.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010