Do you have the nasty cold that is going around and if so....

How are you treating it? I have been sick for 3 weeks...and the kids for several days. Is there life after this cold/flu?

MommasCooCoo

Asked by MommasCooCoo at 2:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Health

• yeah i have had the cold\flu thing for almost two weeks...the dr said that niquil and dayquil is best...as long as your blood presure is okay.....so make sure with your dr
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Just two in my family have been sick so far. As far as treating it, I usually go the natural route for me and the family. We use Ester-C, elderberry syrup and a cold remedy tea I get at the health food store...they all seem to help quite a bit. One other thing that's good to do is air out the house as much as you can and once the colds are gone replace everyone's toothbrush. Those things hold on to viruses.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 5:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• ugh i just got it. i am using cold remedy tea as well, and vitamin C with rose hips. I already take probiotics and other things, so I guess it just has to run it's course. Warm broths, humidifier, and I have to take some nyquil at night so I can rest. I also use a vapor rub. Feel better soon.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• 3 Hot Totties and bed :-) No really, as soon as I feel I might get sick get some lemon, honey, tea, Brandy & whole cloves. Make the tea, pour as much honey as you like, use 3 cloves and a shot of brandy, then slice a lemon, squeeze it and make sure to twist the rind so that it tears & drop it in. Three of these will make you forget about that nasty cold.  Just fyi...the traditional Tottie (spelling?) is made with Whiskey, water, honey & lemon.  Since I don't drink hard liquor (especially whisky), I had to add more flavor to hide it some.  I like to use Constant Comment tea (has a hint of orange flavor).

Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 1:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2008