lazyness?

my boyfriend has been home from work 4 days due to thanksgiving he sleeps until 10 in the morning while im up with the kids i bought all the x mas presants ive been cleaning cooking doing laundry changing diapers ect. i asked him yesterday to take out the trash and it is still sitting there on his video game it is not difficult to do but im trying for him to do it. i mean i love him and he pays the bills but is that enough? im constantly cleaning his mess he leaves wrappers and soda cans everywere should i really have another kid to care for when i have 4 already under 4 is it even worth it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• He's being very rude and insensitive! Grant it, he has a job, but, he also has a family. Being a stay at home mom is no easy task and I can bet your job is 10 times tougher! I'd get his lazy ass up and have a nice little chat with him, if he becomes disagreeable with you, take the car and go somewhere for a couple of hrs and let him take care of HIS kids.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have a rule in my house. Whoever is not working must take care of the house, but not the other persons messes. We are both responsible for the kids. There is no written agreement that I will cook lunch or that he will do homework with them. We assign kid duty day by day or hour by hour. I always let him sleep in on the weekends because I can go back to sleep after the girls get on the bus several times a week. This is the first time since I have had kids that I have not had a job.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I completely understand! I am a married single parent myself....I do all the cooking, cleaning, I take care of our 6 yr old all by myself.If i left it up to my dh to take care of our kid he would be hungry and smelly&dirty. All day long he watches show after show, does not do chit. you see he builds houses and right now there is nothing going on until the spring so he figures he can just relax until then. There is no talking to him because then he turns into a whiny&pissy baby. He drinks his beer, smokes his cigs and eats. If i make something with rice he pouts and makes little comments. I do it all and I really hate it but have no choice really we are married so until he hits me I am stuck.
    Anonymous

• Who needs a man like that. I think they are all jerks at least the ones I meet. I rather be single then put up with a mans BS.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 9:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He's home for the holidays and you would think he would enjoy spending time with his family. But it looks like that's not the case. He's old enough to clean up after himself and do a few things around the house. With him, you might as well say that you have 5 kids. I'd tell him that you aren't his maid and he can at least help pick up some things. What does he do with the kids usually?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2010