why do people divorce?

is it because you couldnt hold on any longer? grew out of love? kids? i have almost divorced my dh but he cheated and was rude .. but i worked it out and 3 1/2 years later i got pregnant and were doing fine. stronger than before

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I haven't ever divorced... But if you aren't happy why would you want to be together?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'm my husband's third wife. He says that his previous two were poor decisions and they were miserable together. No sense being miserable.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• A combination of stuff I guess. It helps to be on the same page and think of each other and respect each other for what each does. I think in a lot of cases one feels they have it all on them and women get stressed by working, cleaning, cooking, kids and no time for them and then they resent the Husband or the Husband resents the wife because she no longer just thinks of him....Nagging, no communication, no respect, no date nights, etc....Just my view.......
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• People divorce for very many reasons, a lot of people feel that divorce is some sort of failure, but in actuality failure would be not seeing a volatile relationship for what it is and stay.

Answer by older at 7:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Bottom line- when you make the decision to give up and throw in the towell.
    KristeV

Answer by KristeV at 7:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Because they are miserable.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Different reasons for different people. I have a cousin who got divorced becase she made a bad choice and her husband was abusive.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• The guy I married lied to me and was emotionally abusive. I tried to get him to work on it with marriage counseling, but he wouldn't try. I finally decided that it wasn't worth it anymore.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My husband cheated and decided to move out shortly there after. I gave it a few months and tried to get him to go to counseling but he had already made up his mind. He did not come and spend any time with our then 6 month old. So finally decided enough is enough. I filed. He has not attempted to see our son in a year and a half. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.
    Amellor1

Answer by Amellor1 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i married my ex because he was my highschool sweetheart and i got pregnant by him at 15...i thought marrying him was what i was supposed to do...it was 5 1/2 years of misery, depression, and suicidal thoughts...one day i had enough, i picked up my purse and walked out. i filed the next week and never looked back. we never should have married...we had NOTHING in common and he was very emotionally abusive to the point that i hated myself. divorce was the BEST thing i've ever done!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010