MOMs. i am having trouble with my husbands kids, they dont listen they talk back, they ask inapporiate questions i.e. "Daddy is amber naughty as in horny?" they are 10 and 6. I need help i love my husband but his kids are driving me bonkers.

2ndiapers

Asked by 2ndiapers at 7:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow, I assume you have talked to your husband about this also?! IDK what else to say, but that that is really inappropriate.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 7:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• The only thing you really can do is talk to your husband. They are his kids and although you should have some authority over them (being step mom) you aren't their mother and you aren't their only parent, so you need to work with the other parents in the picture. Frankly if the other parents in the picture don't see an issue here then THERE is your issue, not the kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Where would they hear stuff like that to ask? I would just find somewhere else to be when they were around; and if I was asked why I would tell them in plain English.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Your husband needs to take a hold of the situation. What type of upbringing have they had to talk like this? Does your husband accept this behavior?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You need to let your husband deal with it, they are his children.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Tell your DH that his not dealing with this situation is a deal breaker for you. You deserve respect as an elder. I know it is hard when other things are allowed at home, but they can and will learn what is acceptable for you in your home when they are there...if your DH has the stones and brains to put his foot down.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010