Who wants to help me pick two books to start?

I went crazy at the library and checked out 7 that I want to read. I usually read two or three at a time. I already finished one of them, so here are my remaining choices: 1) Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, 2) Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, 3)  The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, 4)  Midwives by Chris Bohjalian, 5)  My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult or 6) Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you want to laugh, go with Running W/ Scissors. I loved/ cried through My Sister's Keeper and I loved Midwives because I wanted to be one. It's really more a legal drama though. I haven't read your first two. (which did you already read?)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Ohhhh....Ohhhhhh.....My Sister's Keeper-loved it-she writes with so much imagery in this book-you will really enjoy it, I feel!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I already read The Color Purple, so I didn't add it. I looooved it. I can't believe it's taken me this long to read it (it was always checked out and I had to reserve it).
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I ended up reading 3,5 and 6. I HATED My Sister's Keeper and thought that was one of the worst books ever. I will never read Jodi Picoult again.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011