I need some ideas

Ok Moms...I need some good ideas for things to do over Christmas vacation..things that are at little to no cost. Thanksgiving brake has been a struggle,because it has been rainy a lot, and you can only watch so many movies,do so many puzzles and play so many games over and over and OVER AGAIN! LOL! Any ideas are welcome...THANK YOU!

mommyrocks5

Asked by mommyrocks5 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our library has lots of free classes and stuff for kids.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Local community centers-we have one with an indoor pool that's great for winter time activities and wears them out! LOL
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Go to a thrift store and get skates and go ice skating, if the kids don't know how bring a chair and have them slide that around until they gain balance.
    The library and read books to eachother
    Walk around the malls or go to a fast food playspace
    do puzzles, crafts
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• snowmen, snow angels, snowball fights and all that fun winter stuff with cups of hot chocolate when they come inside! Aside from that, books.

My mom used to read us a chapter a night in december of a book called The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus. We always looked forward to bedtime so we could hear the next chapter, even though she read it every year. I'm currently trying to get ahold of a copy of the book for myself.

You could find some crafts you can do with your kids too. Get some modeling clay-- sculpey is great, and let them create whatever they want and bake it in the oven for them. Or if clay is too expensive, i have a recipe somewhere for 'playdough'-- you can even dye it with kool-aid mix. Bakes just the same.

meganbearden

Answer by meganbearden at 8:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Some of the theaters have special discounts during the season, like free passes with canned food, etc. I would definitely look into that. Also, baking and decorating cookies. Is there a room or a garage that needs to be painted? If you have the proper stuff, the kids could have a great time doing that!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I struggle with this everyday with a 3 year old and a 1 year old at home maybe a couple play dates trip to the movies and or the famous library.... good luck
    Debalexxa

Answer by Debalexxa at 11:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We swim at the YMCA, we do arts and crafts, playdough, bake, bundle up and go out even if it is for 20 minutes with an umbrella, just to stretch legs and breath some fresh air.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I agree, the library is VERY good resource!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks ladies...I appreciate your imput!
    mommyrocks5

Comment by mommyrocks5 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010