would you take him to the doctor tomorrow?

My son has had a cold since Wed. He has gotten alittle better, his eyes have quite watering and nose has stopped running and cough is better.
now he is just stuffy sometimes the snot is green sometimes clear. He has almost taken a whole 4oz bottle of medicine.
should I wait a few more days or have him checked out. Just wondering what you all thought
Thanks

mandynjohnsmom

Asked by mandynjohnsmom at 8:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• Plenty of liquids-besides cold medicine-lots of rest; and some chicken noodle soup. If he starts complaining of a head ache or his face starts hurting him-I would take him in then-a sinus infection isn't something to mess around with. You didn't say anything about a fever?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would wait on it, but that's just me. If he doesn't have diarrhea and he's eating well then I wouldn't worry too much.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• If the snot is clearing he is getting over it on his own. If he is over one honey works better than most cough meds to help soothe the throat. If he's still sick at the 10-14 day mark and not almost better than call. After 14 days he might have a sinus infection.
    nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 8:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would wait too. He sounds like he's getting better so I wouldn't risk him catching something else at the clinic when it's not necessary to be there. Hope he's back to 100% soon!!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would wait. I always give a cold AT LEAST a full week to clear up. I personally would also slow down on the medicine. But thats just me.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well if he's not running a fever I guess your safe there. I'd say if your in doubt call your Dr. that's why he's there, that's what you pay him for. Most offices will have a nurse give you the answer, or have the nurse check w/the Dr and call you back. It might give you peace of mind.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thanks everyone my husband thinks I run to the doctor alot of times when I dont need to. he has to go back to school tomorrow so I just wanted other mothers advice. I will continue with what we have been doing. He hasnt ran a fever so that is good so i will wait it out.
    mandynjohnsmom

Comment by mandynjohnsmom (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Wait is my thoughts. Ped doctors in fact all doctors wanna give us antibotics as a cure all. Let things run there course. We have colds and don't rush off the doctors///babies too. I don't wanna say no doctors but beware of too many antibotics because they are important for real things so they work! Good luck hun.
    Michelle
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010