No bond with step kids?

Is that normal, I don't feel anything for them. I don't really think about them unless they call and I see them. I just don't have any connection with them at all. They are all adults now, but I don't know if it was all the anomicity between their mothers and myself (mostly on their side) But I could take them or leave them. I like them, they are nice to me and I am nice to them. But... now that I have my own kids I know what that is supposed to feel like, and they don't feel like family to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I understand what you are feeling. I feel the same way. I don't have a relationship with them because of what has happened in the past. I don't trust them which is sad.

Anonymous

• If you helped raise them, then yes, I think it might be a little weird, but if you didn't help to raise them, no, I don't think it's weird at all.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010