Does he have a good reason to be mad at me?

My dh is very against FB he says its a place to meet people and then some if you want something to happen I tell him how do you know this? Hes like the guys at work talk about it all the time and that their wives are always on there talking to all kinds of people I am like well I am not that way I just get on to talk to family and my friends. But he thinks that if I were to see a good looking guy on there all I got to do is click and I'll have all this imformation of this person I told why would i want to do that I don't care for other people on there hes like I KNOW HOW YOU ARE!!!! I am like oh really I think you are just jealous and insecure hes like well I am totally against it. I am not sure what he wants me to do delete my acct but why hes the one with the problem...I am not sure what to do I think he is going a tad over board with this. What would you do ladies? Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I would respect his feelings but that's just me.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I say FB is nothing but drama waiting to happen. If DH is uncomfortable with you on it, I say delete it. Although I think you should talk to him aobut what makes him uncomfortable. I don't like FB, but a person can meet people anywhere.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think you should show him that you are only inviting people that you regularly talk to or call, no strangers. Tell him you are saving cell phone minutes, if that applies. Set your privacy setting to "only friends" on facebook and let him know you have privacy setting on and last, invite him as a friend. If that is not enough for him to settle down then evaluate if it is really worth it or not to have the account...pick your battles wisely!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Marriage is all about compromise. My DH didn't care about FB or me being on it, half of my friends are his sisters and their families, though. Thought it was silly. He got an account and it shows that we are married to each other. Maybe you can do the same thing. That way he can look at your page and friends and just chill.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Many people do not understand what Facebook is really about. But I can see how it could be used by some people.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• talk to him and see why. id personally delete it if it bothers him that much imo
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would try to reason with him, it is not a big deal, I have never met anyone or talked to anyone I didn't know. I would not delete it, but I use it to try to keep in touch w/my friends who are far away and I hate talking on the phone.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He's being ridiculous. FB is a place to connect with friends and family. It sounds like he doesn't trust you, for what reason, I don't know, but regardless, if he thinks you are looking for men, taking away your FB account isn't going to stop you...does he control you in all aspects of your life? Does he let you go places without him? Shoot, you could find men anywhere. If you are going to cheat you are going to cheat with or without FB, for him to say that FB is going to make you cheat, he's being silly. Your problem is not your FB account, its your untrusting husband.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No way in heck I would delete my FB because my husband thinks I would cheat on him using it. What a slap in the face to doubt the kind of wife that I am! If a woman wants to cheat she doesn't need a computer or facebook to do it, trust me. With us being military there are SO many family and friends from back home that I keep in touch with daily through FB. Every time your husband walks out the door to work he has the opportunity to cheat, but you arent asking him to quit his job are you? Just saying.. Maybe it's just me but my husband is not to control me..he is my equal.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• If this were me I would give him carte blanc for a while - username - password - complete access to your fb any time he wants it. Let him learn what it is, what it's about and see what you're doing on there. Like mine has hundreds of friends - but most of them are from when I played Zoo -- and then family and childhood friends & classmates. (His family is on there too). Once your DH has a good grasp on what it is and how to navigate it - he should see that it's not a big deal and chillax about it.

(If THAT don't settle him down, then you might have an *Over* jealous husband on your hands and you might want to seek counseling.)

DH and I share everything with the other one. He has all of my passwords and I have his. Complete disclosure/Complete Honestly/Complete Trust

ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2010