What steps to begin taking to move on from your baby daddy?

I am currently dealing with trying to move on from my baby daddy and knowing that he isnt going to change, a part of me says well hang in there hoping he will change but then a big part of me says its not gonna happen.. He is also currently talking to an ex which I know is no good for him at all and telling him would only make matters worse.. All I wanted was to make things work and be a family together.. What do I do?

proudparent2010

Asked by proudparent2010 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Distance yourself from him. Don't talk to him, don't text him, if he calls don't answer.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Listen to your gut. IMO he will not change, move on.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• agree with badgirl. just cut him off completely.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• your ....baby daddy?
    Anonymous

• your ....baby daddy?
    translation
    her child's father

if you know he is not going to changr- you know your answer, it is just hard, it will get better though

i think it was maya angello that said..when a person shows you who they are, believe them
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• But its more difficult for me to just move on because we still have a lease together in an apartment and it doesnt end until next month.. So thinking of him as just a roomate is pretty hard and breaking the lease would cost us.
    proudparent2010

Comment by proudparent2010 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I know it is her child's father....duhhh. That is not what I mean.....
    I just want to hurl when I see someone actually be dumb enough to say that.
    Anonymous

• You move out and ask him to buy you out. Or you kick him out. You need to move away from him both in where you live and what you do.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 11:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Its so complicated though. I cant just kick him out because his name is on the lease as well. As crazy as it sounds yeah because when we found out we were going to have a baby, we thought the best thing to do was to move in together and as I can see that was prolly the worst thing we could have done.. I guess everything is about life learnt lessons but its so hard because as bad as it seems I do love him but I know its not working.. Im so depressed and frustrated all in the same sense.
    proudparent2010

Comment by proudparent2010 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You have to reevaluate why and where your relationship went downhill. And take time for yourself to get yourself together. It will help you to know what you want out of a relationship and keep you from making the same mistakes as last time. It's hard to do but it's worth taking the step. Good luck.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010