Sickness in the family and I dont want my baby to get sick any advice?

My aunt went to greece in april and she came back and came down with Legionare's disease, she was put on a course of anitniotics but was still coughing in the middle of may, she is coming down in a few days to see my daughter (who is 2 1/2 months old) my question is.... is this disease contagious? Do I need to worry about my aunt spreading something to the baby, what is Legionare's disease? and advice would be helpful thanks!

ILUVHORSES3

Asked by ILUVHORSES3 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Health

• This link has ALLOT of info on the disease

Patient Facts | CDC Legionella

Patient Facts: Learn More about Legionnaires' disease ... Pontiac Fever and Legionnaires' diseasemay also be called "Legionellosis" (LEE-juh-nuh-low-sis) ...
    www.cdc.gov/legionella/patient_facts.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Yes, it's contagious, but if she's on antibiotics, she shouldn't be contagious.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• If you feel uncomfortable, ask your aunt to delay her visit, your number one priority is protecting your child not showcasing her. Under one year children have an underdeveloped immune system, parents must keep children away from all danger. CDC claims a 5-30% death rate, on this bacterial pnumonia (pnumonia is responcible for a very large number of deaths mostly in very old and very young) not something to play around with. Keep yourself away from germs as well, as baby's primary caregiver. Your aunt will understand! It will be far more polite to delay her visit rather than let her arrive and not see baby.
    emmyem

Answer by emmyem at 7:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I just happened to read this diseas from my book. It is a type of lung diseas penoumia (sp). I would really think she should wait couple more months.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 7:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2008