Any Medical Coders out there???

I am about 4 classes away from finishing and taking the exam to get my certificate. Sometimes I wonder "What the heck did I get myself into??!!" Just wondering if there are any moms out there on this site with this certificate because I am interested to know how you like your job now that your finished with your training.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I started going to college to be a medical coder before I switched to Law. I didn't like it at all, it just wasn't for me. But my auntie is a medical coder and has been for many years. She enjoys it, but did warn me while I was taking those courses that it's tedious and time consuming. If you have made it this far, I'm sure you'll do fine! It's good money! Good luck!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I do medical billing one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients. It took me about two hours to learn how to do this. It is pretty dull, and I would not choose it as a career.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2010