I have a jealous question

Do you ever feel you wish or hope hardship on someone who just had a baby?? not in the life threatening way, just in the fussy colic crabby baby kind of way for how hurtful they were to you when you had a baby? I know childish but I can't help but hope for what we had to deal with, without their help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• something like that....

I have a "friend" who makes it a point to tell me how perfect her life is ESPECIALLY when my family is going through a hardship ...

She always talks about how well behaved her kids are and that she is such a wonderful mom and that is why God still gives her kids ( knowing that I cant have anymore, even though I want more) ...... well she just had her 3rd.... but we went on an outing and her kids were AWFUL ! ... They didnt listen, they fought, they pushes other kids down, and the whole day she spent yelling and them and making them sit down.... all awhile my kids played together nicely and was well behaved and even polite !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well.. I don't personally wish hardship on anyone...but I do have a cousin who has a 3 month old baby and SERIOUSLY she has been alone with her child maybe 2 weeks out of that 3 months (not consecutively) because momma, grandma, friend, aunt, or someone is always taking care of him for her!! Then when she happens to have him over night she will post on FB how she is just "so tired" and has "the worst" head ache.. or how "I wanted to go tanning today but I cant because of bentley".. It is just ridiculous!! Sometimes I wish that this huge support system she has would wake up and realize she needs to learn how to raise her son on her own and understand that little miss Jessica can't be the party girl she used to be!!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No, I can't say that I have. I really don't focus on stuff like that. Seems petty. But seeing how I am , if you treated me like crap, I'd let you know ahead of time, and it probably wouldn't go too far. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No I don't think I have.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• can't say that i have
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Can't say I have. On the contrary, I hope that everyone I know has an easier time with pregnancy and the early months of having a child than I had. It would have been more enjoyable for me if my first husband hadn't been so self-centered and would have helped out more, if I hadn't had to work two jobs, if I hadn't carried 40 weeks, and if my dd hadn't been so sick so often.

I hope each and every person who has a child will have a much easier and more enjoyable time than I had.
    meganbearden

Answer by meganbearden at 9:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010