I just started birth control and I was just wondering...is it normal to be cramping at this point in my cycle? I have 2 "active" pills left and then I start my 7 "reminder" pills...

It seems strange to me that I'm already cramping when I haven't started the "reminder" pills yet...

Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• Oh and my cycles were extremely irregular before I started these pills so I have nothing to base it off of...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Hormonal birth control does not always prevent ovulation so you could be experiencing ovulation pain. Also, since ovulation can happen that means fertilization can happen. In many cases when fertilization does occur, the birth control prevents the implantation of the embryo thus causing a very early abortion. You might want to research the abortifacent potential of whatever birth control you are using. If you are interested in preventing pregnancy without messing with Mother Nature and opening yourself up for risks such as blod cloths that could lead to stroke, and certain cancers that have been associated with BC you might want to research Fertility Awareness Method or Natural Family planning which are both very scientific methods of preventing pregnancy and can be 99% effective. Then you don't have to worry about aborting your progeny or the havoc these synthetic hormones can wreak on your body.
    luvmygrndhg

Answer by luvmygrndhg at 9:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010