is it normal to still be in alot of pain after 5 weeks?

i had my baby girl 5 weeks ago and i am still in a lot of pain like i had after i had her ! is that normal to be in that much pain still? the pain is in my stomach and in my private area!

Heavenbrwneyez

Asked by Heavenbrwneyez at 9:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• i had pain for at least 8 weeks...a lot of it depends on your delivery and if you got episiotomy/stitches/tearing/hemmorhoids etc....i had ALL of those things.....it will get better i promise! but if you start swelling suddenly or start running a fever then call your OB
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thank you ! and i had my little girl natural no pain meds or anything ! i was told 8 minutes after i got into the ER i had her ! i went into labor at home ! but when i was in labor i started to get this really bad pain in my right leg ! i asked the hospital about it and they said that it is weird ! but nothing else. it went away right after i had her but now it is back ! is that something normal or something i should ask my ob about?
    Heavenbrwneyez

Comment by Heavenbrwneyez (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• oh and i did tear and had stitches!

Heavenbrwneyez

Comment by Heavenbrwneyez (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• the pain may have been sciatica...nerve pain....everyones nerves are positioned differently so you never know where youre going to have pain during or after labor and birth but if you are having bad pain in your leg then it could be a blood clot...if you can get into your doc tmrw then go ahead and go in my opinion but if not then go to the ER....blood clots and unexplained pain after a traumatic event such as childbirth are nothing to mess with! im sure youre fine but i think you need to be checked out.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I was in pains for a good 9 weeks..I had a CS...I still get pains around my scar 7 months later..
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2010