So is this stealing ?

This will be long but I will try to make it short, but I want to make sure I get all of the details...

My brother was dating a crazy girl ( EVERYONE knows she is crazy) .. at first we all liked her especially me... she even lived with my mom and dad for awhile before they were able to find a house ... However after she lived with them that is when their feelings turned - she lied, tried to start arguments with my mom and dad, and would try and controll my brother ( hold his wallet and phone and he had to ask her to go somewhere) ...

I still talked to her all the time usually on Facebook or on the phone... but after they got their house my brother started complaining to me about her ( she was trying to get him kicked off the fire dept so he would spend more time with her, and would lie to all of his friends, etc ) ...

So he ended it ... and for over a month she was gone.... but now they just got back together ( my brother said she kept coming to his work and the house crying and he decided to give her one more chance) .. we had a family talk and my parents and I decided to give her another chance and forget about the past... but just a few days in she is already on the way out again ...

When she lived at my parents she had a ton of stuff ( she took up 3 large bedrooms by herself) And when they moved out she left alot of stuff... and when they broke up my mom said she really wanted her to get the rest of her stuff that she left at my moms so she could actually use that bedroom.... His girlfriend said " well that stuff is just stuff I will put in a yard sale anyways" and that she would come get it sometime...

She never did and this is 10 months later... well last month i was trying to help my mom shove it into closets to get the room ready for holiday guests... and I noticed that there were like 3 magazines ( Cosmo and InStyle) ... they were like a year old and so i took them to read ( I love magazines lol ) .... I didnt think anything was wrong with it since she 1/ left it for so long .2. said she was getting rid of them anyways .3. they were just magazines... probably $10 worth......

Of course last night when her and my brother were at my moms she went in to look at her stuff ( only to look since she still didnt take anything with her ) ... she came back in and asked my mom where her magazines where and said she knows they are missing because the box said 3 magazines ( plus the other things that were in there ) .. and they werent in there so my mom told her I took them to read...

I got this facebook email this morning..

" So, you thought it was ok to STEAL MY MAGAZINES. You are in the wrong and I want the value of them NOW. "

Of course I would give them back ( I will give them back but I am not going to pay her for year+ magazines) but I completely think she is over reacting... and now I am not thinking so highly of my brother who is letting this loon move back into his house...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your brother needs to open his eyes and see what a waste of time she is!
    Anonymous

• yeah my mom is upset that he is with her again but she doesnt want to tell him what to do ( he is 21 ) ... because she thinks it will just make him resent her, which she is probably right...

But the only reasons we dont like her is because of how she treated us and what he has told us about her ( the mean things she has done to him) ... after that , how are we suppose to like her ?

I really think it is because he feels bad for her - if she doesnt live with him she has to live with her abusive mother.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• LOL What a freaking nut job!! If she cares so much about these year old magazines she would have gotten them 10 months ago!! I give your mom major credit for even holding onto all of that stuff for so long! My mom would have had that crap out at the road. Just give her the magazines back and tell her to shove it!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• WOW! NO- i wouldn't consider it Stealing-LOL! But, i would consider her Psycho! Your bother needs to get rid of her- Fast!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would tell her that her stuff is going to the nearest homeless shelter unless she gets in picked up in 48 hours. Give her a time to be there and let her know that she only has this one time to get the shit. If she misses her appointment follow through and call a truck to come pick it up! And tell her that she is pissing in the wind to want the stupid magazines back-you will hand them to her on her way out of mom's house for the last time-not before then. I would also tell my brother that you don't need and your parents don't need the drama that she comes with; and the next time he came to my house to complain I would tell him I don't want to hear it. He made this bed-he can lie in it! He could get a restraining order to keep her from coming to his job or his house; and to keep her from calling his job and his house. Then let everyone know at the station and get her gone for good!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Holy crap - what a psycho - BUT I'd give her the dadgum money to keep peace for your brother - surely HIS peace of mind is worth 10 bucks right? Heck, technically, the magazines are NOT hers and neither is any of that stuff that she left at your moms house. Lawfully, your parents are not obligated to store her stuff forever --- OR they can charge her a storage fee to get it back. But did you steal the magazine - NO. Gah she's not only a psycho, she's immature too. I hope your brother gets a no-contact order next time he breaks it off - and I hope he stays away for good.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree with Alice. Tell her to come get her shit out of mom's house or a Salvation Army truck will be getting loaded up in 48 hours. And tell her to get bent if she thinks you are paying her for bird cage liners(magazines). And have a wonderful holiday! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• And if she is having a hard time finding a place for her magazines, I could suggest a few places for her to put them....hehehe
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Im sure your brother will realize how crazy she is soon enough, and will end it again, at least I hope so. I think your mom is right to be nice, and not tell him to move on from her, then he will be more likely to stay with her out of spite. Just give her the 10 dollars, or her magazines back, and yeah she sounds like a bit of a crazy, I think that legally all of the stuff she left at your moms is no longer hers since she had the chance to pick it up and didnt, she basically relinquished the property to your parents, so despite the fact that its insane to be upset over 3 magazines, I dont think they were technically hers anymore anyways.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• She's weird. I'd drop her off my FL, for sure!

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010