Have u ever accidentally stolen something?

my hubby and i went shopping at walmart and we put caroline in her car seat in the cart part where u should but the things u r going to buy and we just put the stuff around her! well the other day we left with 5 jars of baby food under her car seat!!oops!! my hubby felt so bad he took them back in and paid for them!!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Shopping

• yeah, that's happened to me a couple times, always something small that got covered up by something else! The second time it happened, both the kids were with me and I realized I forgot to pay for something - I think it was chapstick or something - while I was loading them into the van. I mentioned it to my six year old son, and sure as hell, next time we went grocery shopping, he made sure to tell the clerk that I accidentally stole something last time. I go grocery shopping by myself now. :)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have gone out and found something tucked in the back corner of my cart. I have always gone back and paid for it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• no--but my child has (before they knew better). We took it back.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 10:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yep, I have found things under the other stuff or under the toddler in the front basket. Or I get a soda out of the cooler and drink it through the store and forget to pay for it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• omw i have at walmart it was a baby lullby cd when my son was still a little baby and it was under his car seat in the cart and didn't realize it untill we were packing up the car.... i felt really bad.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think I took a toothbrush once. My son needed a new one, so I went to the store to buy it and several other items. I went through the checkout line, bought and paid for everything, and went home. When I got home, I couldn't find the toothbrush. I looked on the receipt and it never got rung up. I am 100% positive that I put that toothbrush in the cart. I guess I left it in the cart and when I went to put it in the cart corral, the toothbrush was still in there.

Oh, and I took a magazine. I forgot that I had grabbed it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yep same thing. DD car carrier was in the shopping cart basket at wal-mart, checked out, got out to the car found a 1lb package of hamburger must have rolled under her carrier. I of course went back in and paid for it. It happens.
    blrusso

Answer by blrusso at 10:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No, I don't take something back if it were over looked. It was a mistake and no one caught it, not even me so, no harm done.
    trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 10:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• LMAO
    when pregnant, walked out of thrift store i always went to with a shirt draped over my arm, when at car i noticed, i was with my step daughter when 6, she laughed at me, we went back in, they knew who i am and said "we wondered what you were doing" they never stopped me-that is funny

and
    a few times, found things under toddler when at home and took her out of stroller, brought back - also at thrift store
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yea....same thing with stuff under the car seat....2 cans of mushrooms...i cannot do that stuff so i gave it to one of the guys out in the parking lot gathering the carts and told him to just put them back....im unable to lie or steal : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2010