Husband, kids and i will be visiting the galveston, tx area.

I need a good hotel on the beach any ideas?

travelingmom321

Asked by travelingmom321 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Travel

• cool when are u going there? i live close to that area. but i'm not familiar with the hotels:( sorry about that.
    Anonymous

• From what I understand, most of the hotels are filled with people who lost their homes still. You might have a hard time finding something in the area. My hubby was doing post-Ike work down in Anahuac (closer to Beaumont) last month and I couldn't even visit him because there was nowhere for me to stay! lol
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Live near there also. Ike really tore up all the area down there. I would call the Chamber of Commerce and see what hotels are open and ask their advice on which one. Only Two right on the beaches..Not even sure they would be open The Sandpiper and The Flagship. San Luis us where they were boadcasting Ike from. Very nice and very pricey. We stayed at the Tremont last year at this time for our wedding anniversary. Nice but on the Strand not the beach.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The wyndham has a special today!! at the Galvez. 77$ a night We stayed there. It was GREAT!!!!!!!!
    The Spot for fun food and Moody Gardens was cool!! Stay away from Kemah..Total tourist trap!! We stayed before/ after a cruise!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008