how do you know if the man your with really loves you

i have been with this guy for a little over a year but he never buys me anything no flowers no nothing,he acts like hes single when it comes to spending money

darla517

Asked by darla517 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• if he puts you first than his friends or his exbox 360
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 10:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You know if I guy really loves you by the way he treats you.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Some people don't show love with gifts. Google the love languages..maybe he is acts of service or affirmations.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I've been married for about 7 years. I've known my husband for over 10. He's never bought me flowers, the only significant gift I've ever gotten from him is my engagement ring. He plants tomato plants, flowers, vegetables for me. He makes me breafast every morning to make sure i eat well, he cuts/packs frutis for me to take to work. He tries to help out with the house chores as best as he can...and not only he tolerates my mom, he even helps her with her house chores....I believe a man really loves you when he is willing to do things for you, not buy things for you.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• he treats me like im the only female on this earth but i just wish he would see that when it comes to money its an us not just him anymore
    darla517

Comment by darla517 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He is still here. I know I am not easy to live with or even be around for that matter. We are meant for each other and he most certainly loves me.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• when he will do anything in the world for you... or what he can... and treats you with respect.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• If he treats you well, there are different ways men show you that they care. My husband is a doer, he doesnt buy me nice gifts, or flowers, but he will go and start the car for me if I need to go somewhere, and if there is snow on it he will clean it off. He works hard and does it for his family. He basically shows me he loves me by the small things that he does to make my life easier and better. Read the five love languages, it will help you to see how he shows his love, and then you can determine if he loves you. Flowers are nice, but they are not the only way to show one cares.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thanks for all your answers they were all helpful
    darla517

Comment by darla517 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Darla517 (second response) - It sounds like your guy is just a very cautious individual. If your guy is frugal/carefull with his money all around, I wouldn't worry. When you get married (that's when he knows legally you are committed), he's going to watch out for the both of you (as one economic unit), retirement, nestegg, financial well-being...etc. It's a good trait, trust me.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010