Disney Vacation Question.

Have you gone on vacation to Disneyland in California? How do I find the real "specials"? I have looked on their website but it was a little confusing. If you have any suggestions or tips please let me know. Thank you. FYI it will be three adults and 3 children.

cherrera5

Asked by cherrera5 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Travel

• you can always do the cheaphotels.com and find cheap places to stay but just call an agent to disney and they are very helpful and can plan your trip to the fullest.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Try vacation packages on Southwest airlines. We usually stay at the Paradise Pier. Seems like its cheaper when you stay OFF the park BUT then you have to drop money on transportation to and from the park. So we made that mistake once, and now we stay at the park hotels and pay a little more. At Disney EVERYTHING adds up. You gotta budget for the churros!!! LOL. Travel agencies offer pretty good specials too since they don't attract as many customers as they once used to since everything is online now. I think we used World of Travel or something like that once. If you are a AAA member, visit their site or make sure you bring that up when you book as you will usually get some kind of discount.

Best of luck. Disney is a great time when planned well :).
    Crisbella

Answer by Crisbella at 10:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We are disney black belts...lol. But really we have been so many times, world ,cruise and land. The best tip I could give is map out your days. There is so much to see and nearly ever enough time. If you walk in and just go happenstance you will not see it all. Use your map and highlight your days. I am a firm believer that the fast passes are worth their weight in gold. The fast passes allow you to ensure your wait, time and you can return to ride. With 3 adults and three children you may want to plan everything and what is most important to you all. We got held up alot to get autographs, get a autograph book it saves time. Have fun, it is the the happiest place in the world!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I used their website and had other tabs open to check on the prices of their "neighborhood hotels" and the locations of the hotels on google maps. I found a hotel on Harbor right across from the main gate. Once I checked their prices to the the Disney "deals" I was able to see what was the best choice. It took a while, but I ended up booking everything with Disney. The hotel was good, right outside the main gate, and had so much information about the area it was almost ridiculous.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• if you know anyone that lives in southern california have them help you. residents get a huge discount. we just went 2 weeks ago and she saved us over 70 dollars per person per day. also take a lunch with you. so cheap and then you have cash to by the treats
    mommydown

Answer by mommydown at 12:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• have a happy holiday!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• no..it's a dream of our's though
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2010