Long lashes by RX. Anyone using latisse? Results?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 10:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've been thinking about trying this myself.

It was available for a few years before it was made prescription only. Oprah's magazine reviewed it (there were, I think, 3 main brands available at that time). Her beauty editors tried it and reported success.

The active ingredient began as a prescription for some types of glaucoma, but many patients reported that their lashes got longer -- so here we are.

It takes several weeks to see results, and is pretty pricey. The side effects are supposed to be infrequent, but if you are the 1 in a zillion, for you it's still like 100%.

Still, for me...my eyes are already brown. If the skin along the lash lines darkened, I could skip my eyeliner. If it is irritating, I'd give it a week. If it persisted, or worsened, I'd give it up. I think. I don't know...I'm still on the fence.

If you decide to try it, let us know how it goes. GL :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I worry about it because there's a warning in the literature that it CAN turn your eye color brown, and it would be permanent.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We have a customer that has a prescrition for it and honestly I can't tell the difference. It's very expensive and most insurance companies won't cover it.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Honestly, keratinocyte growth factor is less expensive and safer. Here's a wonderful product, works great!

Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I told my mom to get some of it....she just finished chemo and has no lashes. We decided against it and I got her Clinic Deep Impact for her growing little guys...lol

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• no
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I lost most of my lashes due to thyriod - I tried false lashes but too much up keep. I am currently trying product now I will update in a few weeks.

mrsljamieson

Comment by mrsljamieson (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010