I have a friend who asks me to keep her child like 3 times a week all day how do I tell her nicely to pay me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just say " i enjoy watching your kids, but I really need some pay for the days i have them. Not just because i am money hungry but my grocery bills go up if I am feeding your kids one or two meals a day plus snacks"
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Next time she asks, tell her that life has been getting really busy for you and you just can't manage to keep watching her child without some kind of compensation. Smile and be friendly and apologetic about it, but stand your ground.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'd just be honest and explain that in order to do this for her, you need to be paid. Come up with an amount beforehand that you are willing to accept, so that you can either offer that figure yourself or to refuse or accept her offer when she makes it. In today's economy, you can't afford to try to be supernice about money. And honestly, unless she's a complete idiot (which I doubt), I'm sure she's probably expecting you to say something, and she's probably just not saying anything herself to see how long she can get by without paying. I'm not saying she's using you or a bad person, but there's a lot of people these days that are trying to see what they can get away with just because they can't afford to pay for stuff. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Pick an amount (depending on her income and how fed up you are) that you would be satisfied with but, that would also be enough that it would make her think before taking advantage of you.
    Anonymous