Protien drinks during pregnancy?

I KNOW most of us eat more protein than we usually need, however I'm not a big meat fan. I have a hard time even eating eggs. I've been drinking at least 2-3 glasses of milk though. And have cheesesticks, but I worry about preeclampsia due to lack of protien. So what can I do easily? Is it safe to maybe add Carnation Instant breakfast to my milk in the morning for extra protien, or maybe drink Ensure? I just worry about getting TOO many vitamins and minerals because I am on my prenatals. I was going to get some Bellybars and then when I read the back it stated they had all of the necessities that prenatals do, so i put them down.

mrseum

Asked by mrseum at 2:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• It'll be perfectly fine if you have some Ensure or CIB :D I actually tried to drink Ensure when I was going through my morning sickness phase, but after puking it up one too many times I couldn't STAND that crap anymore lmaoooo. I usually really like it though.

I think one or two a day would be perfectly fine, as long as you're still eating. It's very good that you're drinking milk and taking your prenatals, not enough women eat what they need to to stay healthy while pregnant.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thanks. That's why I wrote CIB down too, because I've read lots of preggo chicks can't stomache Ensure while Pregnant, and that's pretty pricey to try out and not be able to drink! lol.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 2:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Do you like Peanut Butter? That's a great one as well.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 3:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• cottage cheese and yogurt too if you do not like the consistency of cottage cheese whip it up and eat w/crackers for spread or dip add some edamame chopped or hard chopped egg etc i had a real hard time when i was preggers with eggs or anything cold or hot or just about anything for nine months i lost weight the first three months it is not good soooo keep up the good work and keep doing all you can for your little one and God bless you all
    smoothiequeen

Answer by smoothiequeen at 3:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008